Dear SHS Band Family – The Inagakuen High School Band is coming to visit from April 2nd to April 4, 2016! We are requesting members of our SHS Band Family to volunteer to be Home Stay Families for 2 or more Japanese students who are visiting from Japan. This is an experience that will change your life for the better. We need families to host at least 2 students in their home. We have about 120 Japanese students to place so we really need your help.
You may signup to host here: Signup Form
After signing up, you will be contacted by a member of the BPA team that will coordinate the housing.
Here is the tentative itinerary:
- Students arrive on the afternoon of Saturday April 2nd.
- Inagakuen High School Band will rehearse in the KWC Auditorium.
- Potluck dinner in the SHS Cafeteria with Inagakuen students and the Host families.
- Inagakuen Band will perform a private concert in the KWC Auditorium immediately following dinner.
- Japanese students will then go home with their SHS Home Stay families.
- You are welcome to take your Home stay student out for dessert after the concert (ie: Menchies, Jeremiah’s, Steak & Shake, Dairy Queen, etc)
- Sunday will be a day for the Host Family to spend with their Japanese student guests. Take them around and show them all the amazing things that make America – and Central Florida so amazing. Bowling, movies, shopping, Blue Springs, airboat rides, fishing, boating, local restaurants, The Orlando Eye, etc. You get the idea – let them experience the fun and interesting things to do around our area and they will truly appreciate the opportunity to experience local culture. Mr. Malcolm will have more suggestions as we get closer to the visit.
- On Monday April 4th you will return the Inagakuen students to SHS by 7 am, and you will have a chance to say goodbye before they continue on with their trip to Disney where they will be performing before heading back to Japan.