Parent volunteers are needed for the Seminole County Marching Band Festival
Saturday, October 18, 2014
@ Lyman High School
Starts at Noon
(see the full day’s student schedule here)
Hello Band Parents!
I am sending out a call for volunteers for the upcoming Seminole County Marching Festival event. The event this year will be at Lyman High School on October 18th.
We will need a number of volunteers for the event which will run from roughly Noon until 8 or 9 PM on the 18th. For those who have not attended the Marching Festival before, this is an exciting event where we get to watch all the fabulous Seminole County High School bands put on their half time shows and the kids have a great time at it. I strongly encourage you to attend even if you can’t chaperone the whole time.
All parent volunteers/chaperones must purchase a Marching Festival ticket in the SHS Band Office. The ticket sales help us pay for costs associated with traveling to this event. All parent volunteers/chaperones will enjoy a Chick Fil A sandwich as a thank you for volunteering that day! Our parent volunteers rock and we couldn’t do it without you!
If you would like to volunteer, just send an email to Tom Kaldor at firstname.lastname@example.org by Noon this Saturday, October 11th and be sure to include the following information:
- Your full name.
- Your email address.
- Your home phone number.
- Your cell phone number where you can be reached on game day.
- If you have any restrictions (i.e. no lifting, no standing, medical issues).
- If you are part of an existing team (i.e. equipment crew, photography team).
- If you have any medical training.
Volunteers will be selected with the following criteria in mind:
- If you can provide a specific skill that is required (i.e. photography, medical training, and equipment).
- Trying to rotate all eligible parents so that everyone gets a chance to participate.
Just a reminder that:
- All volunteers must be registered as SCPS dividends and appear on the school’s official eligibility list. If not done, please go here (takes <5 minutes) to start the registration process.
- All volunteers must come prepared to work. If you are planning to just sit in the stands and watch the game/band, please do not submit your name.
- If you are not selected as a volunteer for this event, please come out and support our band/team as a paid spectator. The chances are good you will be selected in the next week or two. We always need fans in the stands.
- All volunteers must check in and out with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- You should come out with the idea of having fun and making new friends. I have made many of my good friends working with them side by side on game day and I would not trade those volunteer experiences for anything.
It is hard work, but it is rewarding to see our band perform and knowing you helped put it all together.
Tom Kaldor, Chaperone Coordinator